General Building Accessibility
- Doors will be open from 1-8pm Su, 8am-8pm Mo-Th, 8am-1pm Fr during fall quarter.
- Only the main floor and lower level restrooms will be available as a public space.
- The PUC campus buildings and thus the library continues to be closed to community visitors. Arrangements can be made to borrow materials for delivery at curbside. All returns should be done at the outside book return slot by the front doors.
- Visiting the Pitcairn Islands Study Center is also not available at this time.
General Sanitation and disinfection Plan
- Every individual entering the library and wishing to sit down in a Library space will be directed to take a table/seat marker that is numbered and color-coded. The markers correspond to a specific seat, computer station or study table space. When leaving, the individual will return the marker to the circulation desk and a library worker will then disinfect the spot just vacated. Markers will only be returned to the available tray when disinfection has been completed.
- The overall Library space will be cleaned/sanitized every morning and evening by custodial.
- Campus provided hand sanitizer will be accessible to the public.
Masks, Social Distancing and LiveSafe
- As with all other indoor spaces on campus, Library visitors will be required to remain 6 ft. apart and wear a face covering at all times while in the Library building.
- Prior to visiting the library, the approval screen (green checkmark) from the LiveSafe health survey app is required for that day.
- Some library furniture and technology has been removed and the remaining arranged in a way to promote social distancing. Please be aware of other individuals in a space before selecting your study space and do not move furniture.
- If you encounter an individual who is not wearing a mask please remind them that masks are required on campus and that they may acquire one at the circulation desk.
- When necessary, signs and red tape have been placed on furniture to indicate where to and where not to sit.
- Where appropriate, markers have been placed on the floor to ensure social distancing while in line.
- One side of the main entrance has been designated for entrance and the other side for exit to encourage distancing.
Food and Water
- Due to mask requirements and safety concerns while indoors, eating in the library is no longer allowed. This is a change from previous policy due to current Covid-19 restrictions.
- Water fountains are currently covered to prevent usage. Please bring your own individual water bottles.